Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bright and Early

It's 6:33 a.m. and I was sitting here on my couch trying to spend a little bit of time reading my Bible before I head off to work. It was so great, the house so quiet. Then all of a sudden through the monitor I heard loud and clear (coming from Em's room) what sounded exactly like (in a high squeaky voice that can come only from an 11 month old) "HI Eyyie!" Not once, but 4 times in a row. She does say "Hi" a lot. And I have been trying to get her to say her big sister's name...sometimes it comes close. So I thought it was pretty cute...her attempts to do that this morning. Way to go EMS!!
Now, she needs to go back to sleep. It's not time for her to wake up yet. :)

Also, walking into Kroger yesterday a fire engine drove by us in the parking lot. We stopped to look at it and all the firefighters waved at El. She waved back. As we walked into the store, she said to me, "Mom, do we know them? Why did they wave at me? They must know my name. Everyone knows my name!"
Ha! Everyone knows my name? Oh miss El, how you make me laugh.
It's not easy explaining to a 3 year old that they were just being polite and that not everyone knows her. Oh boy oh boy...

1 comment:

Fighter Rundown... said...

Isn't it the best what kids say!Your girls are adorable, and remind me so much of mine. Kate and Em even look sort of alike...with the cheeks and big smiles and teeth! Hope you are doing well!

p.s. Good for RD on his 14th marathon! And loved that blog too!!