Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, September 25, 2008

CARS

Ok so the movie CARS (kids' movie) is just the cutest. My friend Erin rented it for El to watch during "rest time" the past few days. And it has been so fun. There is a part at the end where the green car (don't know it's name) is trying to beat everyone to win the PISTON CUP. In order to win, he makes someone crash and in turn breaks the other guys' dream. El asked me why no one cheered when the green car won the medal. It was a good teachable moment (hehe) cause i tried to explain that when people are mean, their friends don't like it. People want to be around those who care about them and who want to protect them and love them.

We've had a few episodes this week with Miss El. She just hasn't been quite so nice to her sister and to another friend. She's made me pretty angry, actually. So hey----great moment for a Disney movie to actually teach something we can use with our 3 year old! Yahoo! :)

Anyone out there know the part I'm talking about in this movie? And hey----when Lightning McQueen goes back to resuce and help the damaged car, HE becomes the hero/winner in people's eyes! Now if only my lil' stubborn 3 year old would get that...

And it sure is beautiful and sunny here in T-town! I have some family members traveling through Italy...sure do miss them. And yes I'm sure it's beautiful there, but T-town is holding its own this week. hehe...

Just a few close-ups of the girlies...



2 comments:

B-Mama said...

LOVE the Cars movie. My boys are currently obsessed with their Lightning McQueens, Sally, Doc, and Red little cars. I also love that the movie is enjoyable for grown-ups to watch too... So great that you were able to capitalize on the movie to teach a good moral lesson. You don't always get that with Disney, but on the whole I think Cars is one of their best... Hugs to you all from autumn-sprung Virginia! :)

Lindsay said...

LOVE Cars! William (the boy I watched in AZ) was obsessed so we watched it for rest time quite often. The green car is Chick Hicks and that part always gets me :) so its not just for kiddos! Love it!