Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well I guess I've been tagged

Ok, so this is a new thing to me. My dear friend Lindsay Guard "tagged" me out in the blog world to share 7 things about myself. Both girls are in bed, my workout is done, I am all showered up...but I'm SO tired! I could seriously go to bed everynight at 9:00! But I'll do my best. Regardless, thanks for thinkin of me Linds!

1. I love to be organized

That might be a quirky thing, but I do. When I am organized, I feel productive. I also feel like I can do "fun" things when the "mess" isn't a mess...and my house, my laundry, my TIME is more organized. This typically involves me leaving lists for RD and lists for myself. It ALWAYS involves making coffee and picking my work clothes out the night before. HeHe. :) And it (sadly) means that I start packing up to TWO weeks before a vacation....especially now that I pack for a family of 4!

2. I love to ask people questions

I guess it's my thing, I dunno... that's what people tell me. But I think the best way to get to know people and to get people to not only talk about their lives, but REALLY think about things...is to ASK QUESTIONS! When there's something tough to bring up or when simply talking about Jesus with people---the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to get people to think and to process and to then (after a question is asked)...respond!!

3. I feed off of being busy but somehow it's become my greatest enemy

Yeah, I'm learning this the hard way in life right now. Although I love to pack my schedule tight... and I love to have a million ideas of fun things to do with my kids...and I love PEOPLE and surrounding myself with people...I also have a people pleasing disease (and yes it's seriously a disease). I am learning that, to quote RD, "I need to slow my metronome down." So I'm working on that and trying to seriously make that a lifestyle change.

4. I love soup!!

My family always makes fun of me because on winter days (especially on a Saturday or Sunday) there is not much else I LOVE to gather people around other than some homemade soup and some yummy bread to dip in it. It literally has become the family joke. But you see, I love ambiance...it's all about the setting, the atmosphere for me. So on winter days---I wanna make you some soup. In the Fall, I want hot cider and pumpkin desserts to give you when you come over. If we are having company---I love to have appetizers and a nice table setup for you when you arrive. And always---no matter what season it is---I have candles. Oh I love candles! So whether it actually is the soup or maybe it's just plain "atmosphere," I guess I just love making things warm and cozy.

5. RD and I are officially known to people in Toledo as "health nuts."

I didn't think we'd ever get to THAT point, but we did. I've always been into eating well and exercising. When we got married, we became lackadaisical in that department for a year or so. Realizing that, we flung into hyper mode and I guess that landed us on the planet we currently living on. I mean I'm married to a man that has bantransfats.com on his top 10 favorite websites. HeHe. We both shy away from McDonalds french fries for El. And we get excited when baked kettle chips go on sale at Costco. Oh well!! On the other hand...despite wanting to be healthy and keeping exercise a part of our routine...we are not CRAZY. We have at least 3 cartons of ice cream in our freezer right now. When RD's mom makes her Christmas baked goods---there's no stopping us. And truthfully, there is nothing we love more than eating out!!

6. I picture weird scenarios in my mind a lot

That might sound creepy. But if I hear a siren down the street, I play this little mental video in my head as to what could have happened. And it is crazy detailed!! Sometimes while I'm driving I imagine someone calling me and telling me something, and then I just let my mind go wild with all these (oftentimes) sad things that could potentially result in that. I might not be explaining this well, but the bottom line is this: I think I worry a lot. And because I tend to be a worrier, I play out things in my head that I fear or dread or am scared of. It's something I've done all my life and I don't know why!!

7. I really don't know what else to say

I think I don't know what else to say. Anyone who knows me (or reads this silly blog I guess) knows that the most impt. things in my life are my faith in Jesus, my family, and my friends. I love love love being with people and my biggest struggle in life is that there are too many people I love and care about that I just can't get time with like I want. It's a battle for me a LOT. Sooo...as long as I continue to start my days pre-6 A.M. with my Bible and cup of coffee, I will just continue to trust God and who he brings in my life that day. Amen? Amen!

So now I need to pick some people to tag, huh?! Ok, here we go...

Lindsay Freeman, Christy Mitchell, Stacie Orahood, Bethany Gasperini, Amy Seiffert, Kim Fighter, Elizabeth Wilkerson ...your turn!

3 comments:

B-Mama said...

This is a beautiful glimpse into your life! I find it so refreshing to read your list and find so many similarities between us... They say people gravitate toward others who are like them--who knew we'd have that happen in preschool! Or maybe we became more alike through our years together as friends? Chicken or the egg scenario, I guess!! :) I love, though, that Christ is at the center of it all and that ultimately binds us together. Hugs and blessings, dear friend. :)

Lindsay said...

yay! I'm glad you did it :) You know whats funny? I TOTALLY get what you mean in #6 by picturing detailed scenarios. I do it all the time...I even play out how a conversation might go with someone who I am talking to about something that I will probably never talk to them about. I never pegged you for a worrier though!

Courtney said...

Lib- #2 is SO you!! I think that is one of your biggest strengths, and something I try to emulate when getting to know YL girls. I still remember how you would stun me with a question, and really make me think about things more than I ever would have.

Thanks for sharing. It's fun to see a bit of your life "behind the scenes"!

(oh, and the security word blogger wants me to enter is "unditoes". I think that is so funny! I'm such a dork)