Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!




I love this day. It was fun to talk with El on our way to Nana and Papa's house this morning, too. Trying to explain to her why we are having a big meal today and that most homes in this country are doing the exact same thing as we are. It's kind of cool. It was the smallest Thanksgiving I've ever had (just 5 adults, and the girls)...but it was a sweet sweet day.


El got to proudly display her napkin rings. So that was pretty fun.



We also attempted to start a tradition today and make a ginger bread house after the big dinner, BUT I pretty much just wanted to throw the icing (I mean cement...did I say icing?) out the door. It just DID NOT WORK. And I followed the directions to a tee...the icing just wouldn't spread. So that was a bummer. I'm not giving up though. We will try this again later in the weekend. I'm determined!!

Ems is pretty much walking up a storm. She had so much fun today and was a little slap happy at times, too. She is just at the best age. She makes us laugh all the time and her personality is becoming more and more apparant. It's just so special. She is already not a baby anymore- MAN!


Well cheers to you all and Happy Thanksgiving. I hope your day was as blessed as ours. Goodnight!

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

Sounds like it was the perfect holiday! Loved the shots--congrats to Em on the walking!! :) Very cute!

And I hear you on the icing in those gingerbread packets being difficult. We bought ours from Costco last year and it was REALLY tough. We ended up ditching the provided dispensers and winging it on our own. Maybe make your own icing?? Good luck!

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!

Courtney said...

Happy (late) Thanksgiving Lib!