Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, July 3, 2008

Home Again Home Again

Coming home from vacation, unpacking, going through the hoop-la of birthday festivities (yes I just officially entered the last year of my twenties- ugh), and now re-packing for the 4th of July weekend- what a week! But I live for this kind of stuff and, although it's "sick," I love being busy. Fortunately, I love to be busy with family stuff and find way too much enjoyment out of going to Costco, sticking my girls in the extra large, made-for-two, cart seat in the supersize Costco carts. Call me crazy. But I also love what I just got to do for the past 25 min. EM is napping. So EL and I went through the large garbage bag full of hand me-downs that our neighbor just passed onto us for a new batch of clothes. We played dress up and both oohhed and ahhhed over the cute dresses and jeans. It's so great that she has no concept of clothes that come with tags on them or clothes that have been worn by one or two people already. What a blessing! I pray that she is a girl that just appreciates what she has. The funniest part is that EL is currently wearing her favorite item...striped tights (a size too small) as she's "working out" on the elliptical machine next to me as I write this. (see picture below). What a hoot. As I say all the time, Oh the joys...being a mom is the best.


EL with her Aunt Kiki and bud/babysitter E-Marty in a hot tub. Too fun!

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

Happy birthday, dear friend! I know I'm a couple days late, but just know I thought of you tons and prayed fo you on the 1st! How could I forget all the years of great lake b-day parties? I think I played Chubby Bunny for the first time at one of your shindigs in middle school. lol.

LOVE hearing about the fun mom/daughter times with EL. So precious. Hugs and love to you and yours on the 4th!! :)

orahoods said...

Happy belated birthday Lib!...I second those memories of your birthdays at the lake! Fun times never to be forgotten!