Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finding God through my kids

So today was one of those days where I just felt really close to God. I didn't really have a moment to crack open my Bible (although yesterday while EL was sitting on my lap watching Little Mermaid, I was trying to plug through the book of Hosea...quite an interesting combo), BUT...as EL and I were making cupcakes for RD today, we just had a blast. It was so fun to see how excited she was to make her daddy a birthday cupcake. And let me tell you, it sure was extra special. Totally 100% EL. I just had to keep telling myself that it was more impt. for me to be watching EL stir chocolate batter 327 times than doing laundry or something else "productive." It just reminds me of how often God is so patient with me when I slip up or take WAY TOO LONG to do something or figure something out that I could have "gotten" much sooner had I just listened to Him. Thank you God for that.

And then yesterday I had a moment with EM. She was sucking down milk from her bottle. I was gazing at her beautiful eyes. I just could not believe or handle how much love I had for her in that moment. It was almost unbearable. I just had to cry a little bit. And as I was looking at her, praying so hard for God's protection over her sweet little life, I felt God kinda say to me, "I love her even more than you do." It was intense! And I began to think about how I want to assure that my girls make all the "right choices, right decisions" in life. But I can't do that! For crying out loud, I don't even make all the right choices or decisions in my own stinkin life. And in being reminded that God loves my kiddos more than RD and I do, that was the reassurance I needed. They are His. They will mess up and certainly not make all good choices. But God loves them, and that's good enough.


EL's special cupcake for Daddy

EM's new kicks....I mean CHECK THOSE OUT!!!

3 comments:

orahoods said...

oh my gosh...those shoes are adorable!!

i know the feeling of looking at your child and feeling so much love your heart swells and your eyes tear. totally amazing and truly a gift.

Courtney said...

Awww lib. I got goosebumps reading that! You are so blessed to have those girls of yours....but I know you know that!

B-Mama said...

So wonderful to read your uplifting, beautiful thoughts today, my friend. Thank you so much for sharing them as they are life-giving as I meditate on theml... God is so good in his love for us. While it is hard for us to imagine how great that love is, you've done a wonderful job helping to capture a little bit of it today. Are you sure you're just the pastor's wife? :) Hugs and thanks.