Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Saturday, July 26, 2008

Exactly 10 years ago

So 10 years ago this summer, RD and I were dating. We were young...in love...full of energy...and of course, kidless. That summer marked the first "real summer" we were seriously dating. So what did we do? We dared each other to swim across Devil's Lake and then back to our cottage (the lake that my family has a cottage on). Did we do it? Sure!! 10 years ago---him and I. The entire time he freaked me about about supposed fish and turtles lurking in my midst. I will never forget that. My brother and some other friends drove the boat alongside us, turned up some music and we had a blast.

Sooooo, TONIGHT as my entire family (all 7 of us + Katie's boyfriend) were sitting around the dinner table up here at Devil's Lake overlooking the calm waters, sipping on a glass of wine, watching the sunset...I got an idea. All the kids were in bed. We just had a nice pasta dinner (carbo loaded), and ya know...there is nothing better than the temperature of July water at the lake. It's delightful. So I made a challenge. Who wants to swim across the lake with me? I'm going in 10 minutes. At first everyone thought I was crazy. Within minutes though...everyone had their suits on. Jamie, Sarah, Katie, Dave (her boyfriend), RD and I...my Dad drivin the boat. We jumped off the dock at the same time and began the swim across. Hilarious.

The best part of all? Jamie didn't have a suit. Did he go without one? Nope. He wore my mom's. YES---we wore a black and pink polka dotted one piece women's swim suit to swim across the lake. When he walked out of the cottage and onto the dock, ALL of us hit the ground laughing. It was one of the funniest things we had ever seen. And he was so stinkin serious.

So did we make it? Obviously. But it wasn't quite like when RD and I did it 10 years ago. First of all, we didn't make it both ways. Secondly, all of our ears hurt the entire time, and lastly---as soon as we got in the boat, we all had a temporary headache. HeHe.
But it was worth it.
Ha! Awesome!!!! The adventure of the summer....made me feel young again. We laughed so hard, and so much tonight. It was the best.

4 comments:

B-Mama said...

Oh my gosh, this sounded like it was tons of fun! I wish I had been there to laugh and be young with you all... You know I would have swum right alongside you, girl! I'm sure Jamie looked hilarious! Didn't he pull a stunt like that at one of your lake birthdays? lol. :) Hugs to you all!!

Anonymous said...

I WANT PICTURES!!!!

Unknown said...

libby, i loved this. so much.

you rock.

Fighter Rundown... said...

Libby...I love this story! Brought back lots of fun memories with you guys at the cottage! I can just picture you making the dare and Jamie coming out in your mom's suit!! Your family is so much fun. I love checking your blog...great to be able to keep up with people. I hope you guys are doing well! Love ya!