Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, January 22, 2009

From the mouth of a child??

So yesterday I was puttin the girls in their car seats. As I was buckling El in, she said to me...

"Mama, I want to ask Santa next time for a Bible."
I said "really? Ok!"
Then I walked around and got in the car. When I sat down, I said to El, "ya know, you don't need to ask Santa for Bibles. You can ask mommy and daddy for a Bible."
"Oh ok---then Mommy, I would like my own Bible" she said.
"Why would you like your own Bible El?"
"Because I want to study it. And I don't want to just look at my kids Bible because it's just stories about Jesus. It's not a real Bible."
"Oh uh.....ok El. I will get you a real Bible that you can study!"

So...I mean for real? Of course there is nothing cooler than your (almost 4) year old asking her mommy for a Bible so she can sit with me on the couch and study. On the other hand, I am praying so hard that God is developing in her heart in a REAL way a passion to know Jesus and not have it be just a "family faith." I want Jesus to be something my girls talk about because they love Him, are changed by Him, and have seen the effects of Jesus in a real way in their lives. I don't want Jesus to be just a religion, or just "the way I was brought up."

So there you have it. A pretty cool thing for me to hear from El. And a good reminder to continue to pray for that heart of hers.

Speaking of praying---we have our winter retreat this weekend at Sawmill Creek in Sandusky. Pray for our time together. We have 46 women coming and I'm super excited for this time. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

What an awesome interaction, Lib!! Gosh, to have our kids follow Christ wholeheartedly would be such a gift... So I pray too! :) Hope you all had a an awesome weekend retreat! I prayed for you this morning on my run. Hugs and love! :)