Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, January 1, 2009

NEVER will I whine again

I bet people are saying that same statement today as I am...some saying never will I "WINE" again (post new years eve) and some saying never will I "WHINE" again.
I just had the most humbling 40 min.

On our drive home from C-Bus this afternoon, I whined to RD about the few extra pounds i'm carrying around. I told him that it's so hard for me to be incredibly consistent working out with little kids. I said if he would be willing to pick up one extra household chore each week, I could feel more "justified" working out during Em's afternoon naps---knowing some of the household stuff would get done with RD's help. I complained about how I need him in my corner and that it's "not fair" that he just gets to workout whenever he wants to, with no kids around.

So we get home. I got changed to come down here in the basement and workout. For some reason he accompanied me. Yeah----as soon as I got on, he said "I'm in charge of your workout." It began with 26 min. of the stinkin HARDEST workout I've ever done on the elliptical. I felt like I was gonna puke. It then moved to the punching bag. I was wanting to cry but laugh at the same time because ALL THIS TIME, El was down here too. Both her and RD were holding the punching bag for me yelling "faster faster, harder harder." I mean c'mon- my 3 year old is yelling "10 more seconds" at me.

The funniest thing is that every once in awhile she would feel really bad for me and just go and hit RD in the leg and say "stop being mean to mommy!"

I then moved to some abs stuff, to some push-ups, then back to the punching bag. My push ups were SO PATHETIC that both RD and El were holding my shirt and literally pulling me up after each time I pushed down. Um yeah- humbling.

You'd think my oh-so-generous hubby would give me a helping hand to get me off the floor when I was done. He said "nope, get up yourself. You don't need a gym membership---you've got this basement. So welcome to your entry workout. El, tell mommy good job."

She said "good job mommy. you can puke now."
Oh crap.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Can he come to my house? I love whining and "wining" much more than I like working out....I could use his tough love brand of motivation! Congrats to you for getting started!

Mikey said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Hilarious!