Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Perspective from a 4 year old

I'm tellin ya---El always teaches me new things. And she humbles the crap out of me.
Wonder what it will be like when Em is doing it too. I tell ya- God is good.

I have been reading in Luke 18 when Jesus says that we must be like children to enter the Kingdom of God. In Matthew it says we need to be humble like them. I've been wrestling with that for a few days...trying to figure out exactly what that means. Just seems so abstract- hard to wrap my mind around. So I've been praying that God would show me more of what that means. Cause typically my view of children these days consists of lots of "I WANT," lots of whining and pulling on my pant bottoms, lots of "I don't want this for dinner." Hmmm----be like children to enter the Kingdom of God?

Today we have been getting a BOAT load of rain in T-town. Our street is flooded; most are. We live in a 1927 home so you can imagine (despite our brand new concrete driveway) that our basement is a target for issues. Um yeah----we currently have buckets down there collecting faucets of water leaking in from the walls. (how do WALLS leak??) RD wants to sell the house, El got to go to bed late cause we have been cleaning up water, and I'm just trying to keep everyone calm. :)

As I put El to bed tonight she said this to me:
"Mama, when will we die and go to Heaven? Cause people go to Heaven when they get old right? Everyone has been telling me that I'm getting old (she just had a b-day). So does that mean I will die soon? And are you old? Does that mean you will die soon? I don't want you to die Mama."

I surely didn't know how to respond to this little girl...especially with tears comin down my face. But I said something. But more important than that- it sure put this day into perspective. STOP freakin out about a leaking basement or a house that isn't all we want it to be. Just appreciate what we have and how precious our girls are. We are blessed and who knows how long we have, right?

Like I said, El teaches me so much!

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

What profound questions for such a little girl! She is precious... Our M is always making me laugh when I really need to lighten up. I am always so grateful to him, even if he is the silliest little boy on the planet! Hugs to you all and blessings on your home!

Anonymous said...

Check out this sermon. All about being childlike:

http://www.mosaicneo.com/watch/mp3/02_08_09.mp3