Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, June 19, 2008

WHAT a night

Tonight was such a treat for RD and I. Our great friends (in fact, an entire small group from our church) called and told RD and I to "get ready" by 6:00. So we followed their directions, and at 6 PM my sister and her boyfriend arrived. My sis stayed with the girls and her boyfriend drove us to dinner. He handed us a wad of cash and a Starbucks gift card and told us he'd pick us up down the street at Starbucks in a couple of hours (a beautiful night for a stroll to S-bux by the way). While the two of us were enjoying a yummy Italian meal at our favorite local joint, a group of our friends were at our house bathing our kids, putting them to bed, cleaning our house from top to bottom, washing and cleaning out our cars. I mean COME ON. It doesn't get much better than that! The evening ended with them praying for us and our marriage, our family, and our leadership in the church. What a neat thing.

Thank you friends. Thank you to all of you involved in our lives here in T-town- living life with us. Loving us. our kids. our faults and weaknesses, too. RD and I talked quite a bit tonight about how grateful we are for the people we are building this church with. It is incredible. WE are the ones that are blessed friends, We are!!

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

AMAZING! What an incredible gift to you, two. Wish I could have been there to be a part of it... Sounds like you are building up an awesome group of folks. Way to go!

Courtney said...

Sounds like you guys have some GREAT friends. We miss you, but are glad you're doing so well! Your story inspires me to bless people in my life.....hmmmmm