Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Best Drive to Disney World---ever to be imagined

So this is the day we have been waiting for for 2 1/2 years. Yep---we have officially been on the waiting list for a sweet baby boy since August 2012, and TODAY we got to "meet" him for the first time. Almost exactly two years later. Who would have thought it would be while our entire family was in the car together traveling to DISNEY- "where dreams come true." 

(10 min into the trip)

Grady, someday you will read this and LET ME TELL YOU---we could not have imagined a sweeter moment. We were driving through southern Ohio when I realized I missed a phone call from our adoption agency. I immediately called back, heart pounding. Jennifer Sheridan tried to make small talk with me but finally spilled the beans that we had been matched with a boy! I screamed. Literally. I couldn't tell you what she said next because all I wanted to do was hangup the phone, open my email, and lay eyes on you, little man. AND THAT WE DID. 
Our first picture of our son. This is your face and this is the sweet face we saw for the first time ever. We all had different reactions, but let's just say there were plenty of tears, a TON of screaming, and lots of questions from Emma and Griffin. It took us maybe 3 minutes (after celebrating within our car) to pull out our phones and send THIS sweet face to our families. We couldn't wait for your grandparents, aunts and uncles, to meet you.

Our trip to Disney World flew by---I could barely sleep for the next few nights, and all your Dad and I could think of was what you were doing and when we would meet you. 

Day one of Disney was a celebration of GRADY. He wasn't with us in person, but boy oh boy was he the reason we had such big smiles on our faces!!!







No comments: