Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Monday, December 15, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

So I decided today that I want to give El my old dollhouse. What a great present for an (almost) 4 year old. But here's the thing---this isn't just any dollhouse. My grandpa built it for me when I was young to mimic the house I grew up in. Same color---same color front door...several similarities. (Any of you out there remember this dollhouse? Or better yet--remember PLAYING with it with me?!) :)

I spent SO MUCH TIME on and in this house. I loved it. I mean absolutely loved it. My mom and I frequented a local dollhouse store and I can't even begin to explain to you how much money is invested.

I went to the attic of our old house today and saw it---it's pretty beat up. But there was a large box next to it that said "Lib's dollhouse." I was soooo happy to see that box. (And the actual house---we're going to get it updated/renovated so it is ready for lil' El).

I unpacked this box tonight and wanted to see what was broken, what I needed to replace, etc. I can't even tell you how much fun the past hour has been for me. You all know what nostalgia feels like, right? Well I just experienced it BIG TIME. I remembered buying every single thing: the bookshelves, the bathroom towels/washcloths, the fully stocked refrigerator (check out my name on the coffee mug!),

...the mailbox and porch furniture. I got giddy---seriously, I did. And I cannot wait to see El's face when she walks down the stairs on Christmas morning to see this gift from me/us.


What "got" me the most was the nursery. I just remember that being my favorite room. The most simple and under furnished room but I always loved to play in there. I just texted my mom a few minutes ago with a picture of it and said "I can't believe I started with this nursery...and now I have a REAL one!" So yeah---life goes fast. I can't believe I have two kids and am going to watch them do what I did.
Crap. Holy cow.
Well I just thought I would share. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool Lib! I love it!

Courtney said...

My sister had one and I thought it was just about the fanciest, most beautiful, amazing thing in the whole world. I think I was allowed to play with it once. :)

I'm sure El will just LOVE it!

orahoods said...

How special to be able to pass that down! I look forward to pictures of her playing with it after Christmas!

Fighter Rundown... said...

Love this post...made me slightly teary! I remember playing with your dollhouse and some of the trinkets in the pics! And to think...El will be playing with it now...how neat! She will love it!

B-Mama said...

She is going to love it... and how neat that you two will be able to share such a treasure together! Can't wait to see the Christmas pics!! Lots of love!! :)