Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My baby

Ellie stood up and hugged me tonight, and I realized she's not just my "peanut" right now. How is she this tall? Same size shoe? I wore her vest the other day when I couldn't find mine...my baby...is growing up. 5th grade makes her seem so old. Venturing into conversations about physical changes---her friends starting to filter out a little bit--her independence is increasing. I can't quit wrap my mind around it but the changes tug on every emotion. (Probably for both of us). So proud of her and happy to watch her grow and learn. So sad that she's already preparing for middle school. So exhausted with the prepubescent hormones. So happy that she wants me to know her and hear about her life. It's a journey with this one- Ellie, you teach your dad and me how to listen. And you cause us to check our own motives and intentions and hearts. We love you so much!

No comments: