Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Friday, September 9, 2011

7 DAYS OF SCHOOL LATER

Ok...I know sending Ellie to school is right...at least I THINK it's right. Having her home with me last year was the absolute best decision I've ever made though. I am so so so so so so so thankful that I had one more year with my peanut. I'm loving that we made lots of cookies, did lots of laundry together, had lots of chit chats, laughed a lot, got beat in MEMORY games almost weekly...those times are irreplaceable.

...Because NOW...I'm dealing with a tired and emotional and stressed out 6 year old. She's not being bad or whiney, she's just reached her limit. For the first time EVER she didn't want to walk out on the soccer field last night because Ryan and I were dropping her off and leaving to go on a date night. (A much needed date night, nonetheless). A friend of mine (and one of Ellie's favorite people ever) was going to be watching her practice and bringing her home for us. But...when we got to practice, she didn't want to leave my side. She said she couldn't go out there. Yes she ultimately did, and loved it, and did very well...but she was hesitant, and that was weird for her.
This morning...same thing...literally would NOT walk into her classroom. Day 7 of school, lots of genuine tears, wholehearted requests for me not to leave her.Um yeah, talk about ripping my heart out. And this is ELLIE who is my social butterfly and the leader of the pack.

And to top it off she came home saying that a "friend" at school nicknamed another girl "UGLY" and called her that at recess. Ellie said she didn't do it. But how long will she remain OK with not fitting in with the mean girls??

So needless to say, it's been a hard week. It's hard to know what to say and how to respond with wisdom and grace, while instilling courage along the way. Being a parent is hard.

No comments: