Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

great question

"Mommy, if everybody gets here as a baby in someone's belly, then how did the first person get in this city?" (She meant world).

"Great question Ellie! You're wondering how the first person got put on this earth, huh? You know the story of Adam and Eve, right?"

"Yes mommy, I know. But if Adam was the first person, how did he get here if he wasn't a baby?"

"Well babe, this is a picture of how awesome God is. He created everything and he put the first person on this earth. No one can really understand what that was like, but when you think about it, it's pretty amazing, isn't it? You're right El, it takes a mommy and a daddy to have a baby, but God put Adam here all by himself. Isn't that pretty awesome?" (Meanwhile thinking to myself: For REAL? How and why is she pondering this right now. Not something a 5 year old typically pontificates after preschool on Monday afternoon. What am I supposed to say? Am I explaining it right? Ahhh!!)

"OK thanks Mom, I understand. Now I'm STARVING! I wish I could have some of Nana's egg salad right now."

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

LOL on the quick 5yo transition from deep thoughts to hunger. So cute!!