Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Special Day

Ellie chose to be baptized tonight. June 24, 2012 age 7. She had asked us a few weeks ago when she was going to be able to be baptized because "I know what it means, ya know." We took a few days and slowly began the conversation with her to make sure she understood this was something you just get to do once...and why. When we asked El what she thought the purpose of baptism was, she said,

"It's like telling God you want him forever. That he becomes a glue on your heart that doesn't go away."

Then when Ryan asked her why he thinks people are dunked in water when they're baptized she said,

"I kindof look at the water as Jesus' arms. When we get dunked in the water it's like we're falling back into His arms."

So sweet. It was a neat evening, to say the least. Our church had 12 people baptized, 3 of them were kids. We had a huge cookout out on the patio at the West YMCA. Then Kathleen led two songs of worship...everyone just scattered on the grass, ground, etc. It was powerful. Sitting there Indian style with my kids and Ryan, my sister right next to me, good friends right around me, my entire side of the family standing behind me...
I totally felt the holy spirit sitting there, and I had to wipe tears away a few different times. It was a powerful moment watching Ellie clutch her song sheet, singing this song with me:

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/hillsong-united-nothing-but-the-blood-lyrics.html ]
This is all my hope and peace,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Glory! Glory! This I sing
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
All my praise for this I bring
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Then she got up and stood in front of the whole crowd to profess her reason for wanting to get baptized. I asked her if she wanted me to walk up there with her and she said, "nope, I need to do this by myself." Uhhhhh...ok. You're right peanut. You do. And I have to think about how symbolic that was that she said that, because she is starting her walk with Jesus and that will ALWAYS be something between just her and God. So I was proud to see her walk up there alone. 

We then all moved into the pool area and that's where Ellie got baptized. There were a ton of people there but she was just so excited to do it. Ryan and I both baptized her...a moment I won't ever forget. Nor will she. Was a special night. :)


No comments: