Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trying to soak it in



I seriously am so bad about keeping a good rhythm with this blog. But I know it's important and I know I will LOVE looking back on these someday. Makes me frustrated that I don't always have time, or make time, for a quick entry at the end of the day.

Sooo...my struggle is that I SOOOOO love and enjoy these days and times with my kids. I love baking with them, coloring with them, chasing them around my house, having dance parties and family movie night. I love praying together in the car and I love having breakfast, lunch, and dinner with all 3 of them (most days). I love packing Ellie's lunch and I love watching her learn. I get pumped seeing Emma learn how to write new letters and I can't stand how adorable and charming Griffin is...I could just stare at him all day. I love watching them hide from Daddy when he gets home and I think it's fantastic that the girls argue about who's turn it is to have a date with their Dad.

So I love these days. A lot.
But I seriously have trouble sometimes just soaking it in and enjoying them, because I find myself THINKING too much about how fast this will go, and how quick they will be old, and how one day I will be decorating the Christmas tree without our kids in tow. Isn't that depressing? I want to ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY, but I find myself getting sad and bummed at how fast they are already growing up.
I truly look at Ellie's two front teeth (now almost fully grown in) and get the quivers as I see her smile change from silly child and drama queen, to a pretty little girl who asks questions about life, death, and friendships that are out of her league. I look SO forward to 3:30 when I go to pick her up and get to see her face and spend the evening with her.

Emma is officially beautiful. And I don't mean just outwardly. She is just the most lovely and precious little princess. I have prayed for purity, gentleness and leadership in her life since the day she popped out. It's incredible how God is doing those things in her life. So when I see her talking to her dolls and dressing up her ponies, I just LOVE those moments and don't want them to end!

Griffin was a baby last year at Christmas, and this year he will be pushing the girls aside to get to their boxes...not so he can play with their toys, but so that he can stand on them. Or put them on his head. Or throw them at them. HAHA! I love that kid...and kiss him at least 200x a day. But how is he halfway to 2 already? Geez oh peetz.

So I'm trying to soak this in. Ryan is too...we aren't good for each other in this regard b/c we constantly make comments to one another about how fast it's going or how one day it'll be different. We're CRAZY. But we sure do love our family. :)

Ellie and I in Nicaragua...lunch at the Orphanage

Pumpkin carving time...such a fun night every year





And THIS...just jammies, Saturday mornings, cartoons, hanging out...NOTHING like this.






1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Love it all. Love you guys! You are an amazing mom and just by being there you are LIVING out life with your kids and developing so many memories even though the days seem fleeting!

I need to take on more of this mentality of cherishing... because I am often finding myself wishing us out of a certain stage or moment just to deal! I keep thinking, it will just get easier when... NOT the way to live, either!

Hugs, love you, and prayers, B