Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Need to get back at this

I kindof fell off the blogging bandwagon. I never thought I would really say that I just DON'T have time, but this summer has been crazy. I think I need to make it a priority because I absolutely love the blog books that I've printed the last 3 years. They have captured so much about our daily life, crazy stuff and fun stuff as a family. And I feel bad that Griffin's first year wasn't captured quite the same as the previous two years were. So here's to GETTIN BACK AT IT!!

I'm currently sitting in my family room on a couch with my Bible and a cup of coffee. I love that God woke Ellie up early today. She came down just now and I got to share with her what I'm learning in 1 Timothy. It also provided a moment for me to remind her how much I need God to be a good mommy to her and G and Ems. I told her that I don't want to just tell her that we need to trust God but I want her to know that I HAVE TO DO THAT in order to be patient and pure and strong and faithful. Because my own selfish desires make it hard for me to be those things. I told her that (even though I can't wrap my brain around it) God loves her even more than I do. And he wants us to journey through this crazy life together, needing and relying on God more and more everyday.

So now...Ellie is lounging on a different couch, in a different room, reading her Bible. (I think it's her Jesus Storybook Bible...a MUST HAVE for every family. Incredible book). I just shouted in there and asked what she was reading. She said she's reading about Abraham and Isaac and how Abraham had to trust in God. Awesome El. You let that sink in, girl!

Man oh man it's good to be real with my kids...I want them to see me with my Bible in my hands more than it is. I want it to be the one item on my kitchen counter that doesn't get put away in a drawer everyday. I want them to see me NEED God's word.

I read on a different blog this week and was reminded that we have 3 sets of eyes looking up at Ryan and I every single day. They don't go away. They don't "get life" on their own. They need so much guidance and instruction. Wow...what a responsibility. A great one. So reading 1 Timothy 1:5 this morning challenged me to instruct and discipline and teach OUT OF A pure heart and good conscience and a sincere faith. That's easier said than done and I need to do some self evaluating I think. Whew. Thank you Jesus for saving me...I need you so!!!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Girl, you are such an encouragement. Thank you for this inspiration--on a spiritual level, on a mom level... Thanks friend. xox