Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kindergarten presses on

Ya know, lots of people probably wonder if Ellie begs me to go to a "real school," or if she asks about when she can ride the yellow school bus, or if she wonders why her friends are in school all day--and she isn't. To be honest, she hasn't asked me one of those questions. Not once!

Ellie absolutely loves having school at home. She is learning SO much, she is incredibly motivated, a hard worker, and a great helper around the house. She's learning to help mommy and realizes that being "AT HOME" throughout the day doesn't mean she is just playing all day long. She has responsibility, chores, school work...and she knows that she is a big sister to two others. That's a big role! :)

Earlier this summer I was worried about some of her attitude issues. She was pushing buttons to see what would happen and she was busting out some disrespectful comments. I feel that each day we get to work on that junk. We get to have real conversations, talk about real things, use real life HARD MOMENTS to ask for forgiveness and to learn to share even when it's hard. (That goes for me, too. I have to apologize when I lose my patience and wanna blow a gasket. I also have to model what it looks like to walk with Jesus. Kids don't just one day understand it. They need to SEE it. Talk about hard...)

In the meantime, Emma is still adjusting to being the middle child. And it's not easy. On some days her warm spirit seems to becoming more of a HOT spitfire. We're working through those things. I think it's time for a mommy/Emma date---just the two of us. :)

No comments: