Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Great Nightmare

El woke up last night crying and screaming my name. She had a nightmare. When I was in there rubbing her head and smooching her sweet little cheeks, she said "Mommy I had a bad bad dream." I asked her what it was about. She said, "You took Jack (her cousin) to the store to buy batteries and made me stay home with Daddy and Nana. I wanted to go and pick them out but you took HIM!" I thought to myself, "Are you kidding me? This is what my 4 year old dreams about when she has a nightmare? Oh the stresses of her life..." But I still told her that it was ok, that it was just a bad dream and to go back to sleep. And she did!

It made me think about the 4 year old little girls in this world who dream about much much more severe situations than a trip to the store. Possibly they have nightmares about their own lives, or something that happened, or is happening, to them. That broke my heart. Makes me wish I could be the mommy of lots and lots of kids who have no one to kiss their cheeks when they are struggling through the night. Ugh.

God I pray for those kids out there who are waking up this morning and feeling unrested because they battled with their dreams last night. I pray for those kids who possibly faced their sad and dark realities again when they tried to sleep. I pray for protection over their little minds and I pray that you would send people into their lives to change the situations they're in. I pray for your merciful hand to continue to pluck kids from horrible homes and put them into places where they are loved and taught about Jesus. Use me God in whatever way you could to come alongside this. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

What earnest prayers, L, and ones I echo. These precious little souls are SO impressionable. God bless them.

On a lighter note, M had a dream the other night where he fell in the toilet and couldn't get out. He subsequently awoke and came into our bed, where he then proceeded to pee his pants. Thanks a lot buddy! :)