Current Report

CURRENT REPORT:

2 Adults
2 drama queens
1 precious baby brother
1 amazing golden retriever in heaven, and missed!!!



Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Milestones in my world...

Ok so three huge things have happened this week:
1. We have a new member in our family. Jamie and Sarah (brother and sister-in-law) just had their second son, Charlie Allyn. He is precious. A little china doll-baby. We love him so!



2. El learned how to ride a bike!!! It was the neatest thing ever. We put her bike in the back of the van, picked up some Chipotle and headed to the local park. We ate our dinner at some picnic tables, and then put the brave lil' 4 year old on her bike. RD ran next to her for about 20 seconds and then let go. He would grab, let go, grab, let go. Then he just never grabbed again. She GOT IT in about 3 minutes. Next thing we knew---she was ridin all around the park.

Everyday since then she has been buzzing around on her bike. A big shot, let me tell ya! We are so incredibly proud of her. Neither of us could believe how quickly she caught onto this and she could have cared less. It was like a "walk in the park" for El. Next step...teaching her how to water ski this summer- that's MY task! Yaaaay!


3. I registered for my first triathalon today...July 26th is the big race. It's a women's only event, sponsered by "Elite Endeavors." I'm freaked out, but a few friends are doing it with me. So I'm excited about that. It's a 400 yard swim, a 13 mile bike, and then a 5K run. Not too bad...it's just the nonstop workout (with 3 different workouts) that I'm worried about. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape after doing P90X, so we'll see I guess. Although today I did 25 min. on the elliptical, 25 min. on the bike, then ran a mile and a half and I feel pretty much like a noodle! Praise God for almost two more months to train for this. Yikes.

So that's our news...the latest...the scoop.

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Congrats to Jaime and Sarah on little Charlie! So cute!! You know how we feel about boys and brothers--what a blessing they are!! Second congrats to Miss EL on her bike riding prowess!! We just got M on a bike with training wheels! lol And a big "got get 'em" to you for signing up for the tri--it will be awesome!! I'm wondering if its the same one my sister is planning to do in July. Has Kati done it before? If so, then my sis will be there grunting it out for the first time with you! And how fabulous that you have a swimming background for it. I take partial credit (along with your mom) for convincing you to take the swim team plunge. What memories. Love you, girl! Hugs from VA!